Thursday, July 18, 2019

Take me to your leader lol

Zentangle Inspired Art Aliens lol


Today I stumbled upon some old and inexpensive watercolor tubes in my stash.  I hardly ever use the color red or yellow in my art, so I decided to challenge myself and make some backgrounds for my tangles.


Tangle Pattern "Chorus"

I love Tomàs Padrós Zentangle patterns.  I started to practice his Zentangle pattern "Chorus" but I kind of flubbed it up a bit I think? 

Zentangle pattern before shading
Before Shading
Zentangle shaded
After Shading


Abstract Art Aliens?!

Zentangle Aliens

I started to see alien heads in my drawing while shading this pattern.  And the funny thing is I had absolutely no idea about the whole Area 51 thing that's currently going on.  (I do not watch the news ever and I limit my social media to art or Christian topics.)  I just happened to show my drawing to my husband and he told me!  Isn't that such weird timing?


2 comments:

  1. I love those aliens that appeared - they are obviously trying to get their message to you through abstract patterns! ;)

    Super backgrounds too - I rarely use red either. Did you use bubble wrap to get that dotty texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ...I used a stencil from Tim Holtz. but I bet bubble wrap would work the same, great idea!

      Delete