Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Distress ink with an unknown pattern?

Distress ink love šŸ’•


I’m using one of my distress ink papers for this tile.  I have a tutorial here if you want to check it out. I started out tracing around some of the ink blotches natural patterns to give myself a space to start tangling.


Torn Paper Zentangle šŸ¤·šŸ»‍♀️

 My completed Zendoodle!
I tried to make this piece look like the distress ink paper was being torn to reveal the pattern underneath. There is a tangle pattern called Tore-up that has a nice step out.  I’m also not quite sure of the name of the main pattern? If it does indeed have a name? This was my first time using different colored microns other than black. I really liked the red contrast.   It's a change for me.  I hardly ever use the color red.  I'm digging it with the pink though for sure!  

Spun Sugar Distress Ink is my fav!


I also used Spun Sugar Distress ink and a water brush to shade around the main pattern to give it some depth.




I would have to say that if I could pick only 3 colors of Distress Ink, Spun Sugar would be on the list.  I love this color, it's so beautiful and vibrant! A must-have for color fanatics (like me!)

4 comments:

  1. Great piece - it's like old wallpaper has been torn to reveal something older underneath. The main pattern is a variation of Florz - and you've used Keeko at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh it's Florz! Thank you so much, I am going to add it to my patterns and I couldn't find the name of it. .. and yes! thats what I thought, it reminded me of old wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete