Sunday, August 11, 2019

Just lines!

Bunches and Bunches of Zen lines!

As an anxiety sufferer myself,  sometimes my mind gets so full of anxious thoughts that doing a bunch of thinking about line-work feels overwhelming. That’s when I turn to drawing just lines for relaxation.  I did something a little different here and let some of the lines overlap each other which was scary at first, but worked out well in the end!

Jane Davenport’s Mermaid Markers worked perfectly!

Mermaid Markers are made with a fiber brush tip. They make thick and thin lines very easily. Michaels carries Jane’s Davenport’s supplies, but I think they are discontinuing her line soon.  You can find mermaid markers here. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the result of your line work out, and the way those dark areas naturally develop where all the lines meet in one place. The overlap looks good too and an added bonus if it helped you to feel a little calmer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I like how all the lines meet and darken. I was tempted to shade, but decided to leave it as is. :-)

      Delete