Monday, June 24, 2019

Zentangle Houses with a Twist!


Zentangle Houses in Color!

Step 1:  Distress Ink and Stencils

I first started on a piece of aquamarine cardstock (which I bought from Michaels Craft Store).  I went through my stash and found a bunch of Tim Holtz stencils and a few other miscellaneous stencils. I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in a variety of colors.  ( I've listed a lot of my stencils and ink in my recommended art supply list - see link in the sidebar to the right on this blog). 

2. Prismacolor Pencils for highlights

Here's a close up of how I added a little bit of white Prismacolor pencil to add a highlight to some of my Zentangles.

3. Did I Stencil Myself into a Corner?

At this point I let the drawing sit for about a day or so.  I wasn't sure what I was going to put in the rest of the landscape.  More houses?  Some trees?  The purple-colored stencil was very busy and I wasn't sure if it was going to look too busy if I add another house on top it.

4. Zentangle Houses it is!

I decided to go ahead and add more Zentangle houses.  I made sure to not add any Zentangle patterns to the stenciled areas so it wouldn't end up looking too busy.  You can also see that I added a little extra flair with orange and yellow Gelly Roll Pens. (one of my favorite art supplies!!)























5. My little Zentangle community is finished!

I hope you liked this blog post.  I want to make more Zentangle houses but my next artwork is something totally different! Stay tuned! :)

4 comments:

  1. Really cool. The bright orange looks like the house js lit up from inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i was pleasantly surprised the prismacolors (I choose neons) turned out so bright on that aqua paper.

      Delete
  2. I've only recently started using stencils and inks to lay down some pattern first before I tangle. It's helpful to see someone else do it and take more risks than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little nervous but I keep telling myself it's just a piece of paper! but is it really if you've been drawing for hours ? lol

      Delete