Sunday, September 29, 2019

Creepy Owl Zentangle

Halloween Zentangle Day 1


This Zentangle drawing started out with a gelli print. For some reason, I made a print from orange and purple acrylic paint. Definitely not colors I would usually pair together but they are perfect Halloween colors! So that is where my inspiration started for this Zentangle drawing.

I do not recommend using Sakura Micron pens on acrylic paint.  I would not risk ruining the nibs on those pens, they aren't cheap! What does work beautifully are these pens here.


I took a quick photo to demonstrate how using a thicker pen brings a lot of interest. I first started the zig-zag pattern with a smaller nib but I decided to change it out and I think it gives a lot more of a dramatic effect as you can see above.  Hope this drawing tip helps!



2 comments:

  1. so vibrant colors, personnaly I love the orange and purple combination !!
    friendly

    ReplyDelete