Thursday, July 11, 2019

Antz on my Zentangle?!

Zentangle Antz

I love the TanglePattern Antz by Sara Brandli.  It's an older pattern and one of my favorites.  I hate bugs, but something about putting them in a Zentangle drawing is really intriguing to me.  Maybe I'll have to take a look at Pinterest to see what other kinds of creepy crawlies I can add to my next tangle!

Uniball Pen, drawing, Jane Davenport mixed media

Supplies used in this Zentangle Drawing

Did you notice how opaque the gold ink is in this Zentangle?  I used this pen.  I hope the picture shows how the gold ink has a pretty sheen in the light! For the purple and neon yellow ink, I used my favorite art supply--Gelly Roll pens.  See the sidebar to the left for a link, Gelly Roll pens are a must-have in my Zentangle art supply arsenal. 😊

2 comments:

  1. Great piece. That watercolour background looks great with your tangles on top. I can't immediately think of other bug tangles. But I really like Tearce - which adds great contrast and looks like it's got lots of little legs!

    Actually now I remember - there is an official Zentangle tangle called Centipede - you might like that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wow, thank you! Never heard of either, I'm off to go check them out now :-)

      Delete