Monday, July 8, 2019

Colorful Zentangle Frames

Zentangle Frames

Zentangle instructions and tutorial
Here's a quick shot of what the paper looked like with just a little bit of ink and linework.  The bold beautiful yellow color is Jane Davenport's Mermaid Markers. (Which I can't recommend more!)  What makes Mermaid Markers so awesome is that after they have dried on the paper you can add more color and they won't bleed as much as watercolors or Tim Holtz Distress ink would.)

Distress Inks are still my go-to art supplies!

I did end up using  a little bit of  Distress Ink in this drawing.  The beautiful green color (Crushed Olive) is one of my favorite colors in the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads line.

Tim Holtz Distress Stain

Zentangle ideas
I think simple Zentangle borders work nicely for frames. I tried to make the frames the main focus of this piece.  I am pretty happy with the outcome.  That's it for this post, time to go binge-watch some Netflix with my son :-)



2 comments:

  1. I love that !!!
    ps : how can I do to receive your newsletter ? I don't see the link
    friendly
    béatrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hm, good question -- I'm still fairly new to blogger settings. Do you want to follow me on Blogger? Did you see the follow button on the left sidebar? Let me know if that helps! I'll be glad to help and learn with you!

    ReplyDelete