Monday, September 9, 2019

Zentangle - Do you more than exist

Tangling on a Gelli Print

The finished piece

Let's talk about gelli prints!

I used a very light gelli print on purpose so that I would not chance ruining my micron pens with the acrylic paint that I used to make this gelli print.  I'm not sure if acrylic paint will mess up a micron pen?  I'm guessing it probably would, and  I'm not taking the chance. Well, maybe I kind of am because I do still draw on gelli prints regardless LOL.  Another artist recommended that I try using a uni-ball pen.  I plan to try that and see if that works better next time.


A picture of  the linework

Zentangled Christian Art
Before all the shading begins!

For the sun I used my new Inktense pencils.  These work great on acrylic and they are so vibrant.  I also used them for the red in the fire (which was meant to represent Hell).  I am so in love with this drawing as I tend to often be very critical of my work.  I kept visioning this in my head and finally sat down and drew it to life.  My faith is very important to me, to express my love of what God did for us through artwork is really wonderful for me. 



2 comments:

  1. Great to see the before and after images for this. If you're concerned about damaging a Micron you might want to try the Micron PN nib - it's plastic and much tougher. I haven't used it on acrylics but reckon it would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! I forgot about those new PN nibs!!! great idea, thanks!

      Delete