Monday, July 1, 2019

Distress Ink and a Bible Verse Tangle :-)

Bible Journaling meets Tangling!


distress ink zentangle ideas
I like to add Bible quotes to my artwork.  Biblegateway is a good website to get inspiration and encouragement.  I also like to find inspiring Bible quotes and save them on my Pinterest for future tangling inspiration. ;)
Bible journaling
Can you see the glimmer in the paper?

I have dabbled a little in the past few years with lettering and brush lettering.  You can pick up books from the library or I've seen quite a few practice sheets on Pinterest.  In this Zentangle I didn't do too much fancy lettering with brush markers - but instead, I choose to just use my trusty Sakura Micron.  I noticed that my distress ink background had a little bit of a lighter area on it, so I choose to put my Bible verse in that area of the paper.  I think it worked out well.

Faber-Castell Gold Faber Watercolor Pencils


watercolor pencils are great to use with Tim Holtz distress inks!

I just recently got these watercolor pencils and they are so wonderful to shade with!  I like using a water brush because it's portable and I can take my supplies easily with me to the coffee shop.  (My husband and I like to have what he calls, "doodle and coffee dates"). :-)

Here is a quick picture I took showing some of the linework (bottom part of the paper) before shading. You can see what a difference the shading makes!  I also used Derwent Water Soluble pencils to shade in the grey areas. (See my last blog post on my new found love for water soluble graphite!)


No comments:

Post a Comment