Wednesday, September 4, 2019

A Colorful Zen Gem on Tan Paper

Why don't I draw more Zentangled Gems?!

Drawing gemstones are quite fun to create!  I have a bunch of videos on my Youtube showing how to make various Zen Gems.  I have videos on my channel on how to draw turquoise and opal.  I even have a rainbow gem drawing tutorial on Youtube almost like the picture above.


Let's talk Art Supplies

  I used all kinds of different mediums on this tile. For the Zen gem I used Prismacolor pencils.  (Right now there is a limited deal on Prismacolor pencils here.)  The paper I used was a very thin tan paper and I even attempted to use a few watercolor pencils. I was very careful when I added water to the paper by not oversaturating it.  The thinnest water brush is usually the best tool for that.  I used a white Gelly Roll pen to add some Zentangles on top of the watercolored areas.  I really had higher hopes for this tile.  Since using all of these different techniques, I really was hoping to love the outcome.   I ended up just sort of liking this piece. I hate when that happens lol

No comments:

Post a Comment