Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Zentangled livingroom?!



Zentangle designs add lots of interest

A finished zentamgle

This Zentangle was so much fun.  My husband said that it sort of looks like a 1970's era living room?  Which doesn't surprise me that my imagination would create something resembling the '70s-'80s?  I am still an '80s kid at heart.  I always will be.  I love everything '70s-'80s!

I started out this Zentangle tile with adding a touch of yellow distress ink through a honeycomb stencil by Tim Holtz.  Most of my background papers are already premade and ready for when inspiration strikes.  I knew I wanted something without too much color.  I am always fond of yellow with black and white Zentangles.  If you are afraid of adding color to your Zentangles, in my opinion you can't go wrong with a hint of yellow. 

I couldn't stop with yellow though of course. lol

A work in progress picture of my Zentangle


A work in progress drawing photo

I wanted to show that I decided to add a pop of green to my Zentangle and I think it worked well.  I used watercolor pencils to achieve this.  As you can see the watercolor added a bit more interest to my Zentangle artwork.  Now looking at this as I blog about it, I feel like perhaps I should have added a little more color to the bottom "floor" as well?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment