Tuesday, October 29, 2019

I swear this drawing is cursed! Lol

My Cursed Zentangle Art ;)

Zentangle art

I have been drawing for over 30 years so I have had a lot of experience with mistakes or mishaps in my artwork. But this particular drawing took the cake!! (Even though I know better)  I was drinking a soda and I picked it up over the drawing to take a drink. And of course, some condensation from the cup fell on it! (See the picture below]


Mixed media Zentangle artwork
 I was worried there was no coming back from this.  I put so much work already into drawing the face I was determined to salvage it.  I decided to change the style of this drawing just a bit and make it more sketchy.  By doing this I was able to add more movement to the necklace "beads".  

Yet ANOTHER mistake 

(and I should have known better!)


After I fixed the necklace mistake I ended up smudging black ink across her forehead!!!  (I was using the wrong pen to draw with and it didn't dry quick enough)  So again I improvised and drew a beaded headpiece to cover my boo-boo.

Some of the art supplies used in this drawing

  1. Jane Davenport face stamps: click!
  2. Bic Permanent Markers: click!
  3. Jane Davenport Making Faces Pastels: click!
For the rest of my pens, paper and other fav art supplies check the bar to the right of this blog for a link. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment