Friday, December 27, 2019

Zen gems with Prismacolor pencils

Zen gems are killer on my poor hands!

I don't draw zen gems that often because they take so long to blend which results in sore fingers!  I used Prismacolor pencils for this gem. Although, Polychromos are even better in my opinion. Polychromos colored pencils are expensive though and I tend to hoard my art supplies.  Kinda crazy I know, I should just use my art supplies. (which is already an addiction lol)

Zentangle background


If you follow my blog you will remember I made this background for this Zentangle awhile back and talked about it in this post.  I also show another finished Zentangle with the same background in that post.  I like to make a bunch of backgrounds at once so I can just pick one and I quickly have a great starting point for tangling!

Zentangle gem highlight TIP


Whenever I use red or orange or pink in my gems I notice that the color eventually seeps through the white highlight.  No matter what white pen I use, gelly roll or uniball this always happens.  I found a solution to this though.  If you take a paintbrush with teeny bristles and dip it in white acrylic paint you can "draw" the highlight that way.  And voila! It will stay perfectly white!  It always drove me crazy when my highlights would turn light pink! arg!  I really hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment