Sunday, August 18, 2019

A teeny tiny tangle

A colorful tile on pink cardstock

A finished tiny Zentangle

I like to draw very small tangles sometimes because I can finish them quickly and also practice whatever new technique I want to try.  I was practicing a patter with this tile (sorry I cannot remember the name!) and I kinda flubbed it up.  I actually think I forgot a step because I was so excited to get started on the coloring/shading.  I usually HATE the shading part of tangling but I've decided to embrace it instead.  

Using Watercolor Pencils is fun fun fun!


I used these watercolor pencils for most of the drawing.   I used a little bit of Prismacolor pencils to darken up some areas (including the pink border around the square).
I also blogged a little about watercolor pencils in this Jesus doodle if you want to see more on this fabulous medium.

And lastly here is a photo of the linework before all that intricate shading!  


No comments:

Post a Comment