Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Spooky Halloween Zentangle

A not so scary Halloween Zentangle

My hubby is an amazing artist who can draw some seriously gory/scary artwork.  He inspired me (and also it's Halloween season of course!) to try to make a scary-ish Zentangle.  Welp, it certainly is still very cutesy - but I like it!  It was a fun change.

Art supplies used

I started out with the background already premade in my art journal.  If you want to know how I made my journal feel free to join my art group on Facebook.  (the link to the group is to the right on this blog).  I liked how the distress ink looked sort of like thrown/splattered, similar to blood splatter.  Instead of red blood, I went with pink blood.  LOL  It works for me.  I found a bunch of reference photos on Pinterest and sort of just let my pen flow!  The bright yellow is Inktense pencils.  I am really loving these, they work well over other mediums (distress ink, acrylic, watercolor) and still Inktense stays super vibrant.  Check them out if you haven't yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment